Software Engineering Internship Spring/Summer 2023
Software Engineering Internship (Spring/Summer 2023)
We believe internships should be an opportunity for you to grow and gain valuable work experience while being paid for your contributions. You’ll meet with a mentor regularly, and we’ll tailor the internship around what you’d like to learn. Currently, we're focused on a new react native mobile app, enhancing our customer-facing web application, and expanding our texting solutions. Although we’re dedicated to teaching you as much as we can, we hope you’ll share your knowledge and experience so we can learn from you as well.
We often form smaller cross-functional teams organized around a particular problem or feature. As an intern, you’ll work alongside other full-time engineers to understand the problem, design, and implement a solution, deploy it, test it, and measure its success. You’ll see the impact of your work in our weekly Scoreboard meeting, where the entire company reviews our key metrics and initiatives. You’ll hear from and work with our customer experience team to resolve issues and continue to improve our product. We love new ideas and embrace healthy conflict.
You'll be an integral part of a small engineering team passionate about building great software. But don't just take our word for it; feel free to check out our contribution to the open-source community by visiting material-ui.com. We organize a monthly Meetup group called ReactJS Dallas. If you're in the DFW area, come check it out and meet us in person! We also host a free bi-weekly coder dojo to help local kids learn about technology.
- You should value good design and care about user experience.
- Strong C#, SQL, and Entity Framework skills.
- You get bonus points if you have experience building REST APIs.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, fill out the information to the right!
Note: Text-Em-All will provide interns with a computer, monitor(s), mouse, and keyboard for the duration of their internship.
Your work helps keep people informed
Every day, our messaging products reach thousands of people with important messages for severe weather alerts, open shifts and job openings, healthcare notifications, employee communication, and information for members of non-profit organizations or churches. Customers love us because we’ve spent the last 17 years focusing on great customer support, transparent pricing, and thoughtful features that are easy-to-use. Above all, we loathe SPAM and refuse to allow it on our platform. Instead, we help our customers deliver messages that people actually want and need.
This is the company you’re looking for
We are not a “top-down” organization, and you’ll quickly see that we value employees as our biggest asset and expect them to speak up and work together to make us better. As you grow with our company, many different opportunities, experiences, and challenges will present themselves. You’ll work with a team that believes success is measured by more than just the bottom line. We strive for healthy, responsible growth and have been profitable since we started in 2005.
We've won many best workplace awards, but here are a few of the things we believe make Text-Em-All a great place to work.
- Clearly defined purpose, values, and formula that guides everything we do.
- People who actually care --- about customers, business partners, other team members, our product, and generally having a positive impact on those around us!
- We’re small but successful --- 15 straight profitable years, quarterly & annual profit sharing, generous compensation & benefits, transparent financials, community programs, flexible work hours.
- We’re not selling out - We are owned only by our founders, and we’ll soon be employee-owned. That means that the employees of Text-Em-All will be the beneficiaries of their own hard work and will continue to determine how our company operates for the next 100+ years.
Want to know what we believe in? Read Our Manifesto